Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am so :( right now.

"There's no camp", she said solemnly. Just that simple.

Honestly, until today, I am still clueless as to why my own school,out of so many clubs, they never seem to include Christian Fellowship. I speak for all of us, when I say it's unfair. It's discriminating. Now what I'm about to post here, I'm saying this with no malicious intent. I'm just a high school girl with disturbing thoughts about school.



I've been quite disturbed from the day I looked down at the paper where students are obligated to choose your preferred co-curricular activities. When I looked through the paper once,twice,and even, thrice. They was no Christian Fellowship. I was disappointed. SMK DJ, SMK Taman Sea, Sri Aman. All of these schools have Christian Fellowship. Now why doesn't my school have CF? Are they oblivious to the club because it's a new school? Do they need someone to speak up for their fellow Christians? NO. That's the thing.... we're a new school.

"The school I was from,Sri Aman, had Christian Fellowship before they disapprove of CF in schools." Despite the fact which year the school was born, they shouldn't ban CF to new schools. Are they discouraging us from our religion? Do they want to lead us astray from Christianity,or Buddhism, or Hinduism?


All the news we hear/read about religions ostracizing and discriminating other religions for the mere fact that we don't practice the same faith. To some, we may be practicing the WRONG faith. We are not in the RIGHT religion.Every religion has its own faith/beliefs. But I closed one eye. My country is strong in unity. One Malaysia, they say. Satu Bangsa, Satu Negara. But lo and behold, here we are. Supposedly at the peak of civilization and all that crap. Yet, here we are, with injustice in its time of glory and letting it take over our lives. Wawasan 2020. All our hopes encrusted in a few words,some how, crushed within a few actions. 






I don't know bout you guys, yes all of us have different views, but I'm rather disgruntled. Here we are standing united as Christians (welcoming non-Christians with open hearts,if I may add) pleading to have a small gathering to worship the Lord. And we are not asking for the Christians to pray every Monday in front of other religions during school assembly. We're asking to do it privately. We will be as discreet as we can. REJECTED.


Having a Christian Camp. Barely within the approximate compound of our school. REJECTED. I speak for all of us when I say that this is a huge disappointment. But fret not, we have Cell groups. Youth Fellowships. Main Services. Jr Churches. "Lord do not let this be a hindrance or an obstacle to us. Show us that you really are in our hearts and guide us through thick and thin" is how I my prayer during meeting today.




But again, like I've said, we've different views :) So to those who wants to give their two cents, by all means, do. But keep any rude remarks to yourself. Cause it would probably turn into a very messy debate and lead us to nowhere. By the end of the day, we stay true to our faith/beliefs. And for that, we should be contented. 








Gah. This country is rotten by greed,corruption and hypocrisy.